Welcome to The Daily Question, a blog dedicated to the advancements in modern random fact gathering. A new question will be posted everyday, about almost anything, so please check back soon. Also, feel free to check out the archives, which are full of more fun facts. Have fun!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12- Science

Although I was very tempted to ask another question about the periodic table, or something of the like, I decided to restrain myself. Instead I will ask a question about biology. Have you ever noticed at the zoo, that without fail, people are attracted to large animals. Just think back into the Reptile Room. How many people gathered around to see the Poison Dart Frogs? (An inaccurately placed amphibian at that, but this is for another day) People were at the elephants, that's where they were! Or the Rhinos, people are always at those pens. So I thought that the Blue Whale was the largest living thing, until I heard it wasn't a couple months ago. So, without further ado, I give, zee daily question: What is the largest organism in existence?





The largest organism is the Aspen Tree. In fact, you could walk in a grove, and all the trees could be the same living thing. The largest exactly was called Pando, and is in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment